Friday, June 21, 2013

Feeling new..

I've had some time, and been forced in some cases, to take a look around and within these past few days! 

Something that I know and believe but fail to practice most of the time is self love. I am my worst critic and am usually the first to let you know my faults and everything wrong about me. 

A shallow but quick start happens by looking in the mirror. A wedding planning meeting yesterday kicked my motivation into gear and got me excited about using my skills and putting them on display. Today I got an overdue haircut, put on make-up to run errands, found a dress for the wedding an generally felt beautiful!!

This evening I got a jump on the visual plan of the food so that others will be able to follow and help out! I did the math to stretch the recipes for the huge guest list and I started the shopping list.

Flipping back through "The Happiness Project" which I read a few years ago I made a list of some reminders and strategies to increase happiness. I think it will help my awareness to check these things daily and keep a gratitude journal to remember what's really important and try to be more positive.

I have been miserable, not only inside but outwardly people have felt it and relationships have suffered. I need to change and I need change.

No comments:

Post a Comment