Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Awareness.

I am always thinking that if I had more I would give it away. Thought: If I won the lottery, I could donate to charities and get more involved. Thought: If I had more money, I could sponsor kids or families in need. Thought: If I had more money (enter great charitable thing I would love to do)

I realized something within the chaos of my decision to participate in the Vagina Monologues for VDAY.

I am totally charitable!

My participation in Steamboat Dance Theatre the last three years has helped raise money for scholarships to help local aspiring dancers to spend time doing what they love! Perhaps someday they will do the same to give back to the dance community.

So much of my decision to do the Monologues was based on the money and awareness this event raises for an amazing local organization. Sexual and physical abuse are just some of the problems that are supported by this performance.

While I certainly don't have the money to give right now, I do have my time and (cough) talent to donate to the cause. I would love it to be more but for now, that will have to do and I am proud to give what I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment