Friday, July 22, 2011

Mother knows best..

My mom is my best friend. I talk to her every day, often AT her, and she listens. Sometimes I think she tunes me out but I deserve it because I go on and on and on. Without my parents I wouldn't have had the support to live in my own personal paradise and without her I wouldn't be surviving right now. She's my biggest cheerleader, supporter, and she listens to my ridiculous rants so I can calm down and not act on my feelings. She is the best.

Momma reminded me the other day during one of my breakdowns to be thankful for all of the wonderful things I do have in my life. I have completely forgotten just how lucky I am lately - too busy feeling sorry for myself. So here are the amazing parts of my week (forget the last post, I'm fine...sorta ;):

1. Last Friday night was a full moon. After a rough ending to Thursday I wanted to take Friday by storm and make it great. I tried to recruit people to hang out in a low key way - movie date, slumber party, or full moon hike. I didn't get much response until the old roomie G got off work. I was so excited when he was in for the hike and had never done it before. When the sky is clear our full moon's are amazing but it seems every time I try to plan it gets cloudy or stormy. We hiked with the small dog and cow dog out the Skyline trail and followed over to Fish Creek Falls. We huddled up for a few hours by the falls which are still rushing at high flow and had a few beers. Thankful for catching up with an old friend on a wonderful night and just the change of pace I needed from the bar scene and the lonely couch time I've been taking too much of lately.

2. Sunday was a beautifully hot boat day on Stagecoach. I finally learned to drive the boat for skiers so I can give back to all of the people who drag me around the lake. I didn't even get on the ski because the kids were having too much fun so I enjoyed soaking up the sun and cruising around the lake. Thankful for spending a lazy day in the sun with my awesome friends who are supportive and so full of love.

3. Wednesday was a gorgeous day and I wanted to get out after work. I called a friend downtown and made plans to grab a quick drink. We walked to SW for a sunset beer and found all of our lady friends and the Old Town Pickers playing a happy hour set. We ended up staying for hours talking to new friends and old. Thankful for one of the most normal nights out I've had in a while with a bunch of awesome ladies and a gorgeous, warm sunset evening.

4. Tis the season for birthdays! G's dirty thirty is this weekend. A few weeks ago on a hike I described some goodies I made a few weeks ago and he responded with a marriage proposal right there. It wasn't hard to convince me to make these for his birthday. Thursday night I set out to make a ton of gluten free, banana filled, bacon/peanut butter frosted, chocolate cupcakes with candied bacon on top. I have really enjoyed these projects lately and they leave me with a sense of completion and satisfaction afterwards but this time I didn't feel like being alone. I was so happy when my best girl J agreed to come help me with the treats. We hammered out 104 cupcakes in 2+ hours with plenty of laughs in between. Thankful for a great friend, awesome cheerleader and sweet baking partner who is always good for a laugh!

5. J does it again! To kick off my three day weekend we decided to ride up Emerald this morning. J had surgery recently and it was her first time back on her mountain bike and I've spent more time on the road with my bike than on trails so it was a slow start. We made it and I did so much better than I thought I would - with J cheering me on the whole way! The best part was when I stopped into work to drop off cupcakes and the guys were impressed with where we rode telling me which parts were hard. I assumed what's hard for me is easy for everyone else and I did okay on the "hard stuff." (of course it didn't look as pretty when I did it..) Thankful for motivation from positive friends and accomplishing a tough task..and feeling great after!

6. okay we're up to now...but for a preview there is so much going on this weekend! Tonight is a free concert at howelson and G's pre-b-day celebration. Tomorrow is the Hot Routt music festival which I have myself a ticket to and a bunch of fun friends will be attending. Sunday...who knows but with a start like this it should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment