Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Forever friends...

When I met Morgan I knew she was something special..even our meeting seemed lucky.

I was out with an old boyfriend who I taught with and a handful of other teachers rock climbing one day when this girl appeared at the base of the climb. She rolled up on her bike and said that the asked at the local gear-shop where she might find people to climb with and they sent her to our very site. She went on to explain that she had been in town just two days and was excited to see people climbing. We asked where she came from? What was her story? She said I got a job teaching at the high school for the following year as an art teacher. We all smiled, looked at each other, and welcomed her. For on her second day in town she had found a math teacher, an english teacher, two spanish teachers and a special education teacher, all from the high school.

We invited her over for a barbeque that night and she has been a best friend since.

Soon after, I had a terrible break-up with my live-in boyfriend. Still barely knowing me, she invited me to move in with her for as long as I needed to cope and get back on my feet. She has been with me through ups and downs and plenty of laughs and just as many tears. She is there for it all.

After losing my job at the high school we have parted ways simply because we do not see each other daily. We still come together each time as we were never apart.

Last night, Morgan took me out for a belated birthday because she was out of town on a photo assignment for the actual celebration. We started at happy hour and caught up on all we had missed in each other's lives. She took me to dinner where we shared an appetizer and talked about the future. We ordered with plans of sharing because neither of us could decide but were happy to share with each other. Over cocktails, food and wine..with long gaps between talks..with years of happy, sad, struggles, and success..we were there, together, like nothing has changed, just like the day it all began.

Some friends are temporary, some are a phase, some are forever and nothing will change.
Love this girl and forever excited to see what happens next!
Best belated birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment