Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nervous for the future.

Who knows what the future holds?

I've been given little hints of confidence lately regarding the future of my position.
The teacher I am covering a maternity leave for has submitted a request for a leave of absence for the next year. Many think she will not return at the end. Many think I am a shoe-in for the job. I, however, have a lack of confidence in this opportunity. It has been presented to me by the one person who will ultimately make the decision whether or not I stay as an opening (possibly two) for the next year, the principal. I am nervous..I feel like I have committed myself to a few things over the past two years of searching and not had the returns expected. I keep saying that I cannot assume and put all of my eggs in one basket until I know for sure that I have the job. I want it...I really do. But I have all of these people saying it's mine, why wouldn't it be? I am scared to believe it because what if it isn't and I haven't done anything else? I will apply, I will hope, dream, wonder, and continue to be a basketcase until I know for sure. Then, I will breathe. And we will party!

So get ready...because I won't!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment