Sunday, April 8, 2012

Welp..that was easy.

29 was ushered in calmly and quietly..maybe that's a good thing. I am grateful for the people I did get to share part of my day with. They are genuine and loving and their unnecessary gifts had meaning.
  • Chocolate with bacon, a favorite snack that my friends do not understand. JK
  • Trashy blue eye shadow because I've decided that with some ridiculous make-up and big hair, clothes don't matter.  JK
  • Flowers to brighten my dark disaster of a house that I cannot seem to find the energy to tackle. JK
  • Diamond-shaped ice cube molds to add a little sparkle to refreshment. MC
  • A birthday serenade in a crowded gondola square. CK
  • Many many electronic birthday messages on fb, text, etc.
  • Lots of love and hugs.
  • I also used my birthday discount at Ski Haus to get a new skirt for the warm weather and a hat to protect my poor head from the sun. (I've already burned it once this year..)
With all of this to be thankful for, somehow my birthday just seemed like another regular day. Mostly uneventful, my friends joined me for the afternoon concert at the ski area and then for an early dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant. We decided to depart for naps and gather later to go out for the night. The latter never happened. Lack of enthusiasm killed my mood and I decided I'd rather stay home alone. I feel selfish for not being satisfied but I am feeling a little short-changed this beautiful Easter morning. I'm trying to be happy but I just can't seem to get out of this funk. Off to prepare something for Easter brunch and hopefully I can find some motivation to be productive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment